Click on a product to view more details...
- 1 All casks should be stored at a temperature between 52°F and 56°F.
- 2 They should be Stillaged on delivery. If some casks have to be left on the floor
through shortage of space, they must be rolled around the cellar floor prior to
- 3 Once stillaged, the Beer should be Tapped & Vented Immediately. If there are not
enough taps to do this, then still vent the casks.
- 4 Please scrub the Shives & Keystones before broaching the cask. The casks are left
unpegged for 24 hours to let the beer "work".
- 5 After 24 hours, the tops of the casks are cleaned and a Soft Peg (Spile) inserted.
- 6 After a further 24 hours (2 days after stillaging), the beer is checked for clarity
and flavour. If the beer is clear, a hard peg can be placed in "fingertight'. Please
do not hammer in the spile.
- 7 The beer is now ready to serve. Simply take out the hard spile, connect to the
lines, and pull through. Replace the spile at the end of the session.
- 8 If the beer is seen to be continuing to "work" in the cellar, then ease the spile
and release the pressure.
Timothy Taylor & Co.Ltd Keighley West Yorkshire
BD21 1AW Registered in England 243794