Here at Timothy Taylor’s we are committed to reducing the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on our business, customers, people and their families.
As the outbreak progresses and more families are affected it is appropriate that we update the public about the additional measures we are taking here at the brewery and in our pub estate in order to ensure all measures are in place to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible.
- At the brewery we are minimising the number of visitors to site, by postponing tours and all non-essential visits. If you are concerned about any upcoming visit you may have scheduled with us please email us at email@example.com.
- All relevant and up-to-date advice from the Government is being communicated to all employees across the business in a timely manner so everyone is as informed as possible on all breaking developments.
- Hygiene is, as always, a huge focus for us – with the brewery British Retail Consortium (BRC) accredited. This means that our rigid quality, hygiene and health and safety protocols have been upheld for many years. In addition to this, we have added in further safeguards including making sanitising gel widely available to staff so that they can follow good hygiene practices as well as enhanced daily cleaning regimes for workstations and communal areas.
- All members of staff are ensuring they wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds on arrival at work and regularly throughout the day.
- In line with government recommendations, we have created ‘distancing’ by implementing alternative and complementary working patterns for the team. This restricts the number of people we meet each day – with many staff, who are able, now working from home. In addition, it ensures that core teams – such as brewing and transport – are not as concentrated, minimising the chance that entire teams are infected. This gives us the best chance that production and transport can continue unaffected.
- Our sales team have stopped visiting pubs for appointments and are supporting customers via telephone or email.
- We are also supporting staff who are self- isolating in line with government guidelines.
All but one of our pubs are run by business colleagues (tenants) who are making their own judgements about their business and whether they remain open in a takeaway capacity; trying to balance government advice with the fact that they are often important parts of their local communities.
The Woolly Sheep Inn, our only managed pub, is now closed and will remain so until further information and guidance is available.
Guidance is being sent out regularly to ensure all pub staff members are aware of the ever-changing nature of the situation and strict hygiene standards are being maintained and reinforced. Timothy Taylor’s will always do everything in our power to help support our pubs in these uncertain times and have already provided financial assistance.
We will ensure we review all decisions in line with government advice and will update customers should anything change in future.
If you'd like more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
To keep updated about our pub estate please follow their individual social media channels and websites.