160 Years of Brewing
Timothy Taylor established the Brewery in the centre of Keighley in 1858, moving to The Knowle Spring, our present site, in 1863. The principle of not accepting second best was laid down and remains with us to the present day. This means that the very finest ingredients are used to brew the best possible beers, with Landlord winning many awards.
Timothy Taylor’s Timeline
The Gallery Archive
Allan Hey & Lord Ingrow tasting a fresh batch of beer at the Knowle Spring brewery in 1976.
Brewery workers filling barrels with beer by hand in 1950.
A barrel being filled in the 1950s.
The brewery’s last cooper, Billy Pye, putting together one of our barrels in the 1950s.
Eric Parker at the old bottling plant which operated through 1950–1970.
Sir John Taylor receives the Bottled Beer Challenge Cup 1968 watched by Linton Horsfall, 2nd Brewer, Sydney Taylor and Allan Hey, Head Brewer.
The Brown Cow pub in Keighley in 1900.
Gentlemen ready for the races at The Cross Roads Inn, Wainstalls.
Allan Hey taking a sample from a fermenting vessel.
The Friendly Inn, Aireworth St. in 1913.
The Friendly Inn.
Receiving the International Beer Award in 1960.
Production Director Peter Eells and Head Brewer Andrew Leman with the Draught Beer Challenge Cup in 2000.
An ad in the Keighley News from 1885.
The Keighley Old Brewery on Cook Lane in 1858.
The Knowle Spring brewery shortly after it was built in 1863.
Knowle Spring House on the site of the brewery in 1923.
Joe Procter. Landlord at The Grouse Inn, Oakworth from 1983-2000.
The Fleece, Haworth in 1947.
A Timothy Taylor’s dray from 1930.
The retirement of key members of the company at the Timothy Taylor, Keighley 1994.
Brewery staff in 1952.
Pub tenants centenary dinner in 1958.
The Timothy Taylor in 1968.